To link your card:
- After you publish your post, click on the title which will change the URL in the top box at the top of your screen.
- Highlight that URL, right click, and select "copy".
- Open NBUS and scroll down to the Inlinz "add your link" button at the end of the gallery photos. Click on that and you will be taken to the Inlinz screen.There are three (3) boxes on the Inlinz screen:You will right click and "paste" your blog URL in the first box.
- When you do that the second box may populate with the same URL. If that happens, delete it from the second box and type the name (usually your first name) that you wish to appear under your card photo in the gallery.
- Type your email address in the third box.
- Under the boxes you will see images appear. Select the image of the card you wish to appear in the gallery. You can "select" for "as is" or you can choose "crop" and align your photo the way you want it to appear in the gallery. When finished, click done. If you have cropped your photo, you will need to click on two blue "done" buttons
- You will then see a notice from Inlinz that your photo was linked! You will also see an option to "take me back to the blog". Click on that to return to the NBUS blog to leave a comment.
To Link to NBUS in your post:
- At the point in your sentence where you want to refer to NBUS, stop and leave your post to open the current NBUS challenge in a new window or click on the NBUS Challenge tab is you already have it open. You will see the URL at the top left of your screen on the NBUS challenge. First, make sure you have clicked on the title of the NBUS challenge so you are linking your blog to the challenge and not to the Home page of NBUS.
Wrong URL to link: https://mynbus.blogspot.com. That is the URL
for the entire NBUS blog.
Correct URL to post: https://mynbus.blogspot.com/... (several more words).
That is the URL for the current challenge which will change every month.
Right click on the correct challenge URL and select "copy".
- Return to your blog draft post and click on "link" on the tool bar. Your cursor might be already in the second box ("web address"). Move your cursor to the top box ("text to display") and type in the name as you want it to appear in your post, i.e., NBUS Challenge.
- Move your cursor to the second box, right click and choose "paste". The proper NBUS Challenge URL will appear in that box.
- Check the box that says "open this link in a new window".
- Click "okay" and you will be taken back to your blog post where you will see the challenge name has been added as a URL right where you want it in your post.
To link a card from Flickr:
- After you add your card to your Flickr account, click on the picture of the card which will open it larger on your screen.
- Right-click on the URL at the top left of the screen and select "copy".
- Then paste the Flickr URL into the top Inlinz box using instructions 4, 5, and 6 above under How to Link Your Card.