_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I coined the acronym NBUS in 2013 and ran several challenges until 2017. The term caught on and is still being used in Blogland, so I thought this would be a good time to resurrect my NBUS challenge. I set up this dedicated NBUS website for crafty artists to share their works of art containing any brand-new virginal Never-Before-Used-Schtuff! We bought it ~ now let's use it to share and inspire others!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I've come to the conclusion that buying craft supplies 
and actually using them are two separate hobbies." (Unk)

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

NBUS Challenge ~ #13

Welcome!!

It's great to see you, whether you came here from my personal blog or you're a brand new NBUS-using friend!

As I mentioned in the blurb under the header, NBUS was coined in 2013. (If I'd thought for a minute it would become popular, I would've called it something more pronounceable!) The basic idea of this challenge is evident in the name: you are to use schtuff never before used (virginal) on your creation. It can be something you've had for years or something you got yesterday. There are no limitations on what you can create.

For the history and pronunciation of NBUS and to see a list of the prior challenges, please see the tab above or click HERE. Please also note:
  1. The challenges will run every month from the first day of the month to the last day of the month.
  2. The challenges will be just for fun and for sharing your works of art which you're proud to show contain some item of never-before-used-schtuff. While this challenge won't have prizes (except an occasional surprise), every month there will be at least one SHOWCASE entry from the month before.
  3. I know some of you don't have blogs and don't use social media, but you should still be able to link by clicking on the linky tool at the bottom.
  4. There's a new NBUS badge on the side bar if you'd like to share it.
And, of course, there have to be some RULES:

In prior NBUS Challenges, I commented on every entry. This time that won't happen, due to me being older, slower, and having more squirrel distractions, real and imagined! But, at a minimum, I will be commenting on three other entries because, squee, I'm going to be playing in the challenge, too! Even though you may not see me comment on your entry, I will be monitoring the gallery and mentally cheering your successful use of NBUS with you!

That's it! Let's turn off the news, roll up our sleeves, and start excavating and using our NBUS to keep us creating during this time of isolation and beyond! If you don't have anyone to send your cards to, send them to your local hospital or nursing home and ask that they be distributed to lonely residents.

I can't wait to see what you share with us! Thank you! (And thank you, Lolly, for your help setting up this dedicated NBUS blog!)




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

41 comments:

Kath said...

I'm loving your new challenge Darnell!
Kath x

Loll said...

Can't wait to play along!! Love, Lolly

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

So happy you are continuing this challenge - I need it!

Kathyk said...

Following

Kathyk

Pat said...

What a great idea and hopefully it will fire us up to get that NBUS mountain down to a respectable level..lol. I have a lot of items which fit into that category as have we all I'm sure. Thank you Darnell and also Loll for setting this up! x

KandA said...

Thank you for resurrecting the NBUS challenge, we need it so much at this time and I'm sure it will build up a lot of new friendships and give us all a much more positive outlook on things... as well as reducing MT NBUS xx

Vicky Hayes said...

I don't have much NBUS... but I could get some!!! Thank you Darnell and Loll for giving us even more reason to be crafting and thereby saving our sanity! Vicky x

Bonnie said...

What a fun idea, Dolly! My NBUS boxes thank you! XOXO

Sue said...

Darnell, You may see me taking part, if my mojo ever returns. Sue

Darlene said...

GREAT idea Darnell ... I'm IN!! Be back soon! Thanks

Bobby said...

Hail the resurrected NBUS challenge! I know you told me before that just because I used one stamp of a set the rest is NBUS so I'm going to try using those images that have been forgotten. I do have a few totally NBUS too. ;)

nancy littrell said...

Dolly..So happy to see NBUS is back!!! Will be playing soon using my new order from a few days ago:-) LOVED NBUS before and have more NBUS now!!! Love you Dolly for making life simply exciting and Happy. Lolly...LOVE your cheerful badges, banner blog design too:-) Now the dark, rainy Spring weather seems so much Brighter :-) Love and Hugs to you both...Nancy

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So glad to see this challenge, Darnell - right up my alley!! Glad I'm not alone - LOL. Thanks and hope all is well with you & crew!!

Di said...

What a great idea - I need a KITA right now as my mojo for crafting took a hike. I'll be back!

Love

Di xx

Christine Alexander said...

Great news NBUS is back, looking forward to playing along :)

ionabunny said...

Hurrah!!!!!! NBUS site. Fab idea. Hugz

Leslie Miller said...

Yay! I'll be back next week. Thanks!!

My Paper Epiphany said...

What a great opportunity to inspire us to use our 'must have' but ' never used' schtuff! I've not been buying any new stamps because I don't think shipping to Australia is very reliable at the moment, so I have no excuse to use my 'NBUS' stash!!! Thanks for the distraction! Hugs x

Robyn Oliver said...

yes yes yes Darnell, I love that you've started up the NBUS challenges again and loving the new look Loll created for you.... hugs and stay safe Robyn

Greta said...

So glad Brenda told me you restarted NBUS! The blog looks wonderful & so good to have an extra push to use my NBUS!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is a great incentive to get out all the NBUS things and give them some love. Heaven knows I sure have a lot of it.

Chris Dring said...

Thanks for starting this challenge back up Darnell! I believe we all need it!

scrappymo! said...

This is a great idea,. Especially in light of the extra time we have to spend in our craft rooms right now.
I will be back with my entries later on. I am in the midst of a sorting out closets and dressers task. Trying to be ruthless!

Di said...

Im baaaack as promised Darnell! Your Linky was insistent on picking up the title of my blog post rather then just 'Di' as I had typed. I tried twice - but at least I came to play!

Love

Di xx

Cat Craig said...

Darnell, this is fabulous. I am on a no new buying restriction until my bin is empty. ITs pretty good timing actually since its hard to get stuff shipped now. So I have my in house shop open...lots of new stuff! I'll happily be sharing here too.

Nancy said...

You have just made my day Darnell! As I was blog surfing this morning I came across your badge and I was absolutely tickled!! So glad as others have written that you decided to bring back NBUS! Bookmarking this directly and will be back to play! HUGS and thanks for giving us yet another avenue to share our hobby in! Stay safe!!

Mac Mable said...

Good to see you back and thank you for spreading some love and creativity Darnell x.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh Yayyyy! Only just discovered dear Darnell twas up and running again. Goodie gumdrops... time to get my brain in gear.
Will be back!! Love you Darnell.. Praying for you Mister and certain hamsters to keep well!
Thanks for sharing, and may God bless you and all you love, and keep you well in uncertain times. In God we trust.
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Cindy Beach said...

So glad to see this challenge back again! No worries re comments from you Darnelle, we all benefit from your warm enthusiasm. It will be fun to encourage each other.

Barb Ghig said...

I'm so glad you've brought this challenge back, Darnell :) And, don't worry about commenting...have fun playing along with us and stay healthy! Sending hugs, Barb xx

Linda said...

What a fun and great idea Darnell. Not sure how I missed this although haven't been in my craft room a whole lot. Hope you are doing well. Love, Lin

Christi Conley said...

OMGoodness!!! I didn't know you had made your FUN challenge a thing!!! I am SO happy to "see" you & enter my cards :) Hugs to you & yours {6 feet apart, of course} XOXOXO

TK said...

Thanks, Darnell, for resurrecting this challenge and challenging us to use our NBUS!

Di said...

Back again! And I worked out it was me being too fast on the button previously that meant my blog post title rather than Di appeared in the link. Duh, patience Diane! Loving this challenge!

Hugs

Di xx

GerJanne said...

Hi! I think you've allready read it on my blog: A stamp I've bought in the UK and never used before...

KandA said...

Back yet again!! Still got a long list of NBUS to work through! xx

Susan Renshaw said...

So happy to see NBUS back!!

Janis said...

Hooray for NBUS! I used a new NBUS, rather than an old one.....but thought I would pop in with it, anyway. Hope you are faring well during this crazy time!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Vicky Hayes said...

Haha - got some! Thanks for enabling ;)

Di said...

Back again - third time this month I think :) LOVING this NBUS challenge again, and again.


Hugs

Di xx

Pat said...

Phew, just made it Darnell. I'm afraid my creating is somewhat slow at the moment. x