_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I coined the acronym NBUS in 2013 and ran several challenges until 2017. The term caught on and is still being used in Blogland, so I thought this would be a good time to resurrect my NBUS challenge. I set up this dedicated NBUS website for crafty artists to share their works of art containing any brand-new virginal Never-Before-Used-Schtuff! We bought it ~ now let's use it to share and inspire others!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I've come to the conclusion that buying craft supplies 
and actually using them are two separate hobbies." (Unk)

Sunday, November 1, 2020

NBUS Challenge #20

Welcome!!

It's great to see you and I hope you're doing well! Thank you for another month of rousing participation in the NBUS Challenge. We had an outstanding 181 entries in the gallery!! WOWZA! This is a wonderful place to find inspiration and design ideas as we all share with each other how well we are doing using our never-before-used-schtuff!

From all the incredible entries, I have randomly chosen #68 Cindy (Stamps, Paper and Ink) to be our Showcase for October's NBUS Challenge #19!
Congratulations Cindy and thank you for sharing your wonderful creations using NBUS!

The basic idea of this challenge is evident in the name. Whether it's something you have just purchased or something collecting dust in the back of a drawer, you are proud when you use something never-before-used in your creation. Here is where you link up to share your NBUS work of art!

There are no limitations on what you can create, but there are a few RULES which you can find on the tab above. If this is your first visit, please take a minute to read them. You can also click here for answers to any questions you might have and here is the blog badge for your blog post:
The challenge is open from November 1, 2020, 12:05 a.m. PST to November 30, 2020, 10:00 p.m. PST. I can't wait to see what you share with us! As you can imagine, I have a huge mountain of NBUS, so I will also proudly share whenever I excavate and use something!

I'm also loving the way the challenge is growing! When I reopened NBUS in April after realizing that the damnepic of 2020 was going to be around a long time and we needed to find solace in our craft rooms, there were 131 entries. Since then we have steadily gone up to 148, then 159, then 167, and this month, 181! Maybe we'll take it to 200 this month!

Have fun!

Thank you!

Don't forget to follow!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

15 comments:

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card from Cindy and how nice that your challenge is encouraging lots of entries that’s brilliant stay safe x

Pat said...

I love Cindy's beautiful and fun card and great that we are all getting to use all our never before used and forgotten items, so thanks Darnell for giving us a place to do so. x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Adorable card by Cindy - congrats on the feature! Thanks, Darnell, for continuing to promote the use of the mountain of NBUS in our stashes!!

Loll said...

WOW ... 181 entries - amazing Dolly! What fun for everyone to share their new products. Congrats to Cindy for being showcased. Her card is ADORABLE! xx

Jen W. said...

The damnepic of 2020 keeps getting wilder - now there's 31 days in November!! :D

Darnell said...

Haha! Good catch, Jen! We definitely do not want that!!

Leslie Miller said...

Cindy's card is one of the cutest things I've ever seen! I'm looking forward to another month. It's been fun to browse through the gallery and see others' NBUS. Thanks, Darnell!

Cindy Beach said...

Thanks so much, Darnell, such a surprise seeing my card here. I can't wait for this new month and the chance to see so many new things surfacing that are GOOD! Thank you so much, Darnell for keeping us going.

Marianne said...

Such a sweet card by Cindy. I'm hoping to link up multiple times this month, since I intend to pull out several NBUS supplies to build my Christmas card stash.
Marianne x

Anita in France said...

Yay ... at last, a new stamp set in my stash, Darnell ... NBUS here I come! LYAMYLALMA! Big hugs and bisous, Anita :)

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous card by Cindy! Take care and stay safe. Hugs my friend xxx

Vicky Hayes said...

Cindy's card is a wonderful card to showcase and what an inspirational gallery too! Thank you Darnell for providing this happy place to encourage us all to use and share our new/forgotten schtash! Vicky x

Di said...

Me again! I listed the stuff in my NBUS box yesterday - it almost filled up a notebook! You better keep this going my friend.

Hugs

Di xx

Kate said...

Thanks for providing us with a good reason to use our NBUS Darnell!

Aimeslee Winans said...

You are very kind and encouraging, Darnell. That and a great reason to share with the catchiest name evuh -- NBUS -- is why in my opinion participation is growing. Give yourself your due credit, Missy! Onward and upward! I bet you hit 200 by 12/31 and that is definitely something positive to remember about 2020, Lord knows it needs some good publicity, hahaha! Hugs XOXO