_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I coined the acronym NBUS in 2013 and ran several challenges until 2017. The term caught on and is still being used in Blogland, so I thought this would be a good time to resurrect my NBUS challenge. I set up this dedicated NBUS website for crafty artists to share their works of art containing any brand-new virginal Never-Before-Used-Schtuff! We bought it ~ now let's use it to share and inspire others!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I've come to the conclusion that buying craft supplies 
and actually using them are two separate hobbies." (Unk)

Monday, August 1, 2022

NBUS Challenge #41

Welcome!!
This is a wonderful place to find design ideas
as we all share with each other how well we are doing
using our Never-Before-Used-Schtuff (NBUS)!

It's great to see you and I hope you're doing well! Thank you for playing in the July NBUS Challenge with all your beautiful goodies! From all the incredible entries, I have randomly chosen #22 Donna Walls to be showcased!
What a fun card for summer! Congratulations, Donna, and thank you for sharing your wonderful creations using NBUS! 

The basic idea of this challenge is evident in the name. Whether it's something you have just purchased or something collecting dust in the back of a drawer, you are tickled when you use something never-before-used in your creation and here is where you share those NBUS works of art! There are instructions for how to link on a tab above. As you can imagine, I have a huge mountain of NBUS, so I will also proudly share whenever I excavate and use something. 

Guest Designer!

To thank you for sharing your NBUS all these years (and/or to schpark your fire if you're in a bit of slump), I am randomly inviting participants to join me as guest designers! This month I'm delighted to welcome Liz Cavill of Crafty Sunflower.

I was delighted to be invited by Darnell to be the Guest Designer for the August NBUS Challenge. I have enjoyed a variety of crafts over the years and have been cardmaking for about 20 years. I especially love trying new techniques and fancy folds. I set up my blog in 2012 to keep a record of the cards I make, not realising that there was an online crafty community out there. I have made so many new blogging friends, some of which I’ve been lucky enough to meet in person. I even had the chance to visit Darnell’s Playhouse in her garden! I am constantly inspired by other bloggers and their wonderful creations. Like most cardmakers, I have plenty of NBUS stash, but the die I’ve used on my card is one I bought very recently and was determined to actually use it before I packed it away! I’m looking forward to seeing all your wonderful NBUS cards again this month.

Here are two views of Liz's beautiful card to inspire you:
Thank you for being our Guest Designer this month, Liz!

There are no limitations on what you can create, but there are a few RULES which you can find on the tab above. If this is your first visit, please take a minute to read them. You can also click here for answers to any questions you might have. 

You may use this badge for your blog post if you like, but it is not mandatory. 
I can't wait to see what you share with us! 
This challenge closes August 31, 2022, at 10:00 p.m. PST.

Have fun!
Thank you!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

10 comments:

Liz said...

Love Donna’s card, what a fun scene!

Thank you for inviting me to be a Guest Designer this month, Darnell. xx

Donna Walls said...

Thanks so much for showcasing my card! I'm honored and thanks for the fun challenges!

Aquarius said...

My first time of entering this challenge - love the quote at the top of your home page, it is so apt. I might have more NBUS to use, what are we like!!!!

Pat said...

The year is flying by and the beginning of another month of NBUS, and the pile never seems to decrease..lol. How lovely to see Liz as your GD this time and your random choice of Donna's wonderful summer creation. x

Sandra H said...

Absolutely fabulous card congratulations on your guest appearance xx

Craftychris said...

Donna and Liz's cards are beautiful! Take care. Hugs xxxxxxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Darnell,
congrats to Liz on her Guest Desin I have already commented on her blog.
So sorry I have posted this card but although this is Nbus it is new so you may delete this card if you like as reading your instructions too late after posting.
Congrats to Donna on her wonderful card also.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Vicky Hayes said...

Glad to have finally had the chance to use a little of my volcano of NBUS and joined you even if it is nearly the end of the month!! Loving Donna's fun card and Liz's clever sewing-themed fold! Vicky x

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Love to share and see everyone's NBUS! My mountain grows in never ending leaps and bounds! Thanks Darnell for the fun!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Loving Donna's fun beach scene and Liz's fabulous sewing themed card! Darnell, thanks for this wonderful place to share our ever growing NBUS!