_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I coined the acronym NBUS in 2013 and ran several challenges until 2017. The term caught on and is still being used in Blogland, so I thought this would be a good time to resurrect my NBUS challenge. I set up this dedicated NBUS website for crafty artists to share their works of art containing any brand-new virginal Never-Before-Used-Schtuff! We bought it ~ now let's use it to share and inspire others!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I've come to the conclusion that buying craft supplies 
and actually using them are two separate hobbies." (Unk)

Thursday, September 1, 2022

NBUS Challenge #42

Welcome!!
This is a wonderful place to find design ideas
as we all share with each other how well we are doing
using our Never-Before-Used-Schtuff (NBUS)!

It's great to see you and I hope you're doing well! Thank you for playing in the August NBUS Challenge with all your new goodies! From all the incredible entries, I have randomly chosen #22 Susan B to be showcased!
Isn't that a great end-of-summer scene?! Congratulations, Susan, and thank you for sharing your wonderful creations using NBUS! 

The basic idea of this challenge is evident in the name. Whether it's something you have just purchased or something collecting dust in the back of a drawer, you are tickled when you use something never-before-used in your creation and here is where you share those NBUS works of art! There are instructions for how to link on a tab above.

As you can imagine, I have a huge mountain of NBUS, so I will also proudly share whenever I excavate and use something. 

Guest Designer!

To thank you for sharing your NBUS all these years (and/or to schpark your fire if you're in a bit of slump), I am randomly inviting participants to join me as guest designers! This month I'm delighted to welcome Brenda Wilkinson.

I was so happy when Darnell asked me to be the Guest Designer for the month of September! Fall is my favorite time of the year, so I'm ready to be making fall cards. I started in the late 90s with scrapbooking for the grands. Then I found card-making and that's what I fell in love with. Then I found blogging. The combination of those two things has enriched my life by finding a wonderful hobby and "meeting" so many fantastic people that I never would have had the opportunity to meet in person.

Here is Brenda's beautiful fall card to inspire you:
Thank you for being our Guest Designer this month, Brenda!

There are no limitations on what you can create, but there are a few RULES which you can find on the tab above. If this is your first visit, please take a minute to read them. You can also click here for answers to any questions you might have. 

You may use this badge for your blog post if you like, but it is not mandatory. 
I can't wait to see what you share with us! 
The challenge closes September 30, 2022, at 10:00 p.m. PST.

Have fun!
Thank you!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

9 comments:

Sandra H said...

Wow Brenda's card is amazing congrat's to Susan's brilliant card too x

Jenny L said...

Hi Darnell,
congrats to Susan on her show caseed card it looks amazing and so beauitfully crafted.
Also congrats to Brenda on her gust Designer spot I have already visited her and left her some love.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Pat said...

Hi Darnell. I love Susan's beach scene and a great pick to be the showcased card this time, also welcome to Brenda as the Guest Designer, and I love her pretty autumnal card and such beautiful colours too. There is always lots of wonderful inspiration over here at the NBUS Challenge. x

Liz said...

I love Susan's beautiful card which is showcased from last month's entries. Lovely to see Brenda as your Guest Designer this month and what a stunning NBUS card she has made. xx

Leslie Miller said...

Darnell, thank you for another month of encouragement. I always enjoy looking through the gallery and saying hello here and there. It's good to see Brenda and her beautiful fall card here today.

Di said...

Well done to Sue on being picked for her gorgeous beach scene. And Brenda's GD card is fabulous. I love this challenge!

Hugs

Di xxx

Linby said...

It's a fantastic summer scene and a beautiful autumn card from the GDT too.

LesleyG said...

I love Brenda’s card, and all the inspiration here, it’s a lovely place to share our NBUS! Xxx

Susan said...

Darnell, thank you so much for showcasing my beach scene card! I only just heard about it as I missed so many blog posts while I was travelling in Scotland. I'm truly honoured!