_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I coined the acronym NBUS in 2013 and ran several challenges until 2017. The term caught on and is still being used in Blogland, so I thought this would be a good time to resurrect my NBUS challenge. I set up this dedicated NBUS website for crafty artists to share their works of art containing any brand-new virginal Never-Before-Used-Schtuff! We bought it ~ now let's use it to share and inspire others!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I've come to the conclusion that buying craft supplies 
and actually using them are two separate hobbies." (Unk)

Saturday, October 1, 2022

NBUS Challenge #43

Welcome!!
This is a wonderful place to find design ideas
as we all share with each other how well we are doing
using our Never-Before-Used-Schtuff (NBUS)!

It's great to see you and I hope you're doing well! Thank you for playing in the September NBUS Challenge with all your new goodies! From all the incredible entries, I have randomly chosen #82 Nancy Leppek to be showcased!
Congratulations, Nanc', and thank you for sharing your wonderful creations using NBUS! 

The basic idea of this challenge is evident in the name. Whether it's something you have just purchased or something collecting dust in the back of a drawer, you are tickled when you use something never-before-used in your creation and here is where you share those NBUS works of art! There are instructions for how to link on a tab above. As you can imagine, I have a huge mountain of NBUS, so I will also proudly share whenever I excavate and use something. 

Guest Designer!

To thank you for sharing your NBUS all these years (and/or to schpark your fire if you're in a bit of slump), I am randomly inviting participants to join me as guest designers! This month I'm delighted to welcome Susan Morris:

I’ve done some sort of crafting for as long as I can remember. Painting and drawing as a child, followed by knitting, crochet, and embroidery; predominately knitting and a few years doing machine-knitting.

Cardmaking was only discovered when I retired (I had to fill all that spare time somehow!) and then it became a major interest, resulting in a few Design Team posts. During lockdown, I tried my hand at watercolours, something I had always wanted to do. I had always been told I was useless at it, but to my surprise, I discovered that I wasn’t as useless as I had thought! I followed up by doing some courses on Zoom and some pastel workshops, as well. The problem I have now is finding enough hours in the day to do all that I want to do!
 

Here is Sue's card to inspire you:
Thank you for being our Guest Designer this month, Sue!

There are no limitations on what you can create, but there are a few RULES which you can find on the tab above. If this is your first visit, please take a minute to read them and please especially note that there is a limit to the number of other challenges you may enter. You can also click here for answers to any other questions you might have.

You may use this badge for your blog post if you like, but it is not mandatory. 
I can't wait to see what you share with us! 
The challenge closes October 31, 2022, at 10:00 p.m. PST.

Have fun!
Thank you!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

9 comments:

Pat said...

Another month of NBUS fun begins, and it is lovely to see Susan as the GD this month and such sweet and pretty turtle doves, and a lovely fun Halloween card from Nancy as the pick for September. I look forward to delving into that bulging box of unused items again this month. x

Carol L said...

Congrats to Nancy on her win and to Sue for giving us such a pretty inspirational card as a guest designer too!

Leslie Miller said...

I do enjoy scrolling through this gallery of NBUS. It's nice to be among friends! It's lovely to see Susan as a guest designer. I'm late to the party this month, but I'll pop over and say "hi". Thanks, Darnell!

Nancy said...

I am just catching up with all I missed the past two weeks and am so thrilled to see my card was chosen! Talk about a wonderful surprise! Thanks so very, very much! Congrats to Susan too!

Nancy said...

I am just now getting caught up with things and came by to check out the blog and was totally surprised to see my card showcased. Thanks so very, very much Darnlee! What a wonderful way to end my day!

Loll said...

I used some new NBUS and some very old NBUS ... thanks for the great challenge Dolly!! xx

Di said...

How lovely to see Sue's smiling face and her lovely card! Thanks so much for running this every month Darnell! It does prod us to dig into the mountain of NBUS!

Hugs

Di xx

Sandra H said...

What a beautiful card from Sue she is so inspiring and what a fabulous challenge xx

Vicky Hayes said...

Lovely to see Nancy being showcased this month with one of her fabulous bright cards. Likewise Sue with a really inspirational CAS card. Always so much gorgeousness to see here and I am trying to avert my eyes LOL! Vicky x